Terms and Conditions of Booking
- Occupancy is from 5pm on day of arrival. We ask that in order for us to prepare the cottage for our new guests cottages are vacated by 9am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with us before arrival. If you fail to arrive by 12 noon the day after your arrival date and have not notified us of your late arrival, your booking may be treated as having been cancelled and no refund will be made in this situation.
- The maximum number of people shall not exceed the number stated on the online enquiry form. The owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not met.
- We regret that the cottages are unsuitable for large groups of young adults and we are unable to accept such bookings.
- Electricity is charged at cost and is by meter reading on arrival and departure at 25p/unit. From October to end of March logs for log burners are available (applicable in Coachmans, Stream and Rose Cottages) – first basket is free of charge, chargeable at £10 per basket thereafter. Use of log stoves April to September inclusive is by arrangement with the management due to removal of non-essential items. The log stoves are not to be left burning unattended.
- Due to updated Fire Legislation for Self Catering Accommodation that came into force on 1st October 2023, please look at this document to be aware of what we expect guests to do to keep themselves safe from fire risks.
- We are happy to provide Highchairs and Cots for children under 2 years of age free of charge with notification at time of booking. Where it says a cottage has the capacity for a cot, this is for a child aged 2 and under. By arrangement, in some cottages it may be possible to accept an additional person aged 3+ at a supplement of £75 per person.
- We regret that we are currently unable to accept pets or dogs due to being a livestock farm.
- Children remain the responsibility of their Parents or Guardians at all times. It is important that you always know where your children are. All children under the age of 18 years of age may only use the Swimming Pool and Games Room in the company of a Parent or Guardian once these facilities are reopened.
- For the convenience of all our guests ball games are not permitted in the areas between and around the accommodation.
- As resident owners we reserve the right to refuse a booking. For the convenience of our guests, we also reserve the right to terminate a holiday without refund or compensation where unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking form, or their guests, might impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests and resident owners.
- A non-refundable deposit of £100 per cottage per short break or £200 per cottage per week is required at the time of booking. The balance is due 6 weeks before the holiday date. Bookings made within 6 weeks of the holiday start date must be paid in full. Bookings made with a special offer must also be paid in full at time of booking. Bookings are non-transferable (with the exception of changes in eg the previous tier system affecting arriving guests/ourselves or if any guests are asked to self-isolate.. Sufficient notice is required to transfer your dates so we are able to re-let the accommodation). We reserve the right to cancel any booking when payment is not received by the due date, and no refund will be made in this situation.
- The owners endeavour to maintain high standards of comfort and cleanliness at all times and that all equipment is working correctly. The guests must therefore undertake to keep all furniture, fittings and effects in the same good condition as they were found and is responsible for leaving the accommodation in a clean and tidy state and report and pay for any damage or breakages incurred to the property during their stay. Please let us know immediately if there are any problems so that we have a chance to put things right and organise repairs or replacements if necessary. At the end of your stay the accommodation will be checked and a charge will be made for any significant damage or breakages. The owners reserve the right to charge for non-trivial damage howsoever caused, excess cleaning plus an administration charge for any unreported damage or breakages.
- The owners reserve the right to have access to the cottages at all reasonable times, with prior notice wherever possible.
- The owners cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to Guests’ property, personal injury or damage to vehicles parked at guests’ risk. Guests are advised not to leave valuables unattended.
- Our holiday cottage complex is subject to legislation and guidelines laid down by the Health and Safety Executive and Local Authority and their codes of practice. Although we endeavour to provide all advertised facilities, it is possible that in some circumstances accommodation or a facility may be temporarily withdrawn due to factors out of our control. We are unable to accept liability for the loss of an advertised facility or to pay compensation for any inconvenience caused.
- We reserve the right to charge up to £200 breakage deposit/cottage per booking. The deposit is returned within 10 days of departure, subject to clause 11.
- The cottages are used as holiday accommodation and are therefore exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act.
- We do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking. However, sometimes problems happen and bookings have to be changed or cancelled, or mistakes in brochures or other details corrected. We reserve the right to do this, but if we do, we will contact you (by phone if possible in the case of a significant change or cancellation, or by email for minor changes) as soon as it is reasonably practical. We will explain what has happened and provide a suitable alternative if we can, or a refund if that is not possible, but no further liability is accepted.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance of prompt performance of the contract is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we as the owners could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot be reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war of threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemics and all similar situations beyond our control.
- Our swimming pool is unsupervised; by agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to abide by the Triscombe Farm Swimming Pool safety code. If the parent or guardian’s responsibility to supervise the safety and food conduct of children under the age of 18 years at all times whilst on the property. Usage of all facilities at Triscombe Farm is entirely at your own risk.
- We are currently providing table-top games within each cottage so there are still game facilities on offer whilst we are unable to open the games room. Please note that unfortunately, these table-top games are unsuitable for children aged under 5 years old. An outdoor table tennis table is available around the rear of the Swimming Pool building; bats are available to borrow from the farmhouse front porch. These must be returned after use.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw amenities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control. Guests may bring disposable Barbecues to be used only in the designated Barbecue areas. It is your responsibility to ensure that the barbecue is used correctly, safely and the area cleaned after use. We will not accept liability for accidents caused to guests in this regard.
- When you agree to these terms and conditions of booking, you are also agreeing to our Cancellation Policy and all other content on this page.
- ABTA state there is no obligation to offer a cooling-off period for travel-related products and bookings. However, at Triscombe, we are offering a 24 hour cooling off period. This begins once the request to book has been accepted by ourselves, the deposit paid and confirmation of the deposit payment made by ourselves to the guest. This cooling-off period only applies to bookings made at least 60 days (approx. 2 months) prior to the arrival date. After 24 hours, the owner’s cancellation policy will apply as normal.
Contractual Obligations and Cancellations
To avoid any misunderstanding, a verbal or written reservation constitutes a legal contract. In the event of a cancellation, both parties should endeavour to re-let the accommodation. Should neither party succeed, then the person making the reservation is legally liable to the full amount for self-catering accommodation. We will of course always do our best to offer you alternative dates for your holiday if we are given sufficient notice, and will try to be as flexible as possible.
Please see our Cancellation Policy page
We currently do not offer cancellation insurance.
We advise you to consider taking out holiday insurance.