Terms and Conditions of Booking
- Occupancy is from 5pm on day of arrival. We ask that in order for us to prepare the cottage for our new guests cottages are vacated by 9am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with us. If you fail to arrive by 12 noon the day after your arrival date and have not notified us of your late arrival, your booking may be treated as having been cancelled and no refund will be made in this situation.
- The maximum number of people shall not exceed the number stated on the online enquiry form. The owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not met. All bookings must be for a single household only, with the exception of up to 3 households for Christmas between 23rd-27th December.
- We regret that the cottages are unsuitable for large groups of young adults and we are unable to accept such bookings.
- Electricity is charged at cost and is by meter reading on arrival and departure, currently at 16p/unit. From October to end of March logs for log burners are available (applicable in Coachmans, Stream and Rose Cottages) – first basket is free of charge, chargeable at £6.50 per basket thereafter. Use of log stoves April to September inclusive is by arrangement with the management due to removal of non-essential items (Covid-19). The log stoves are not to be left burning unattended.
- We are happy to provide Highchairs for children under 2 years of age free of charge with notification at time of booking.
- We regret that we are unable to accept pets or dogs due to being a livestock farm.
- Children remain the responsibility of their Parents or Guardians at all times. It is important that you always know where your children are. All children under the age of 18 years of age may only use the Swimming Pool and Games Room in the company of a Parent or Guardian once these facilities are reopened.
- For the convenience of all our guests ball games are not permitted in the areas between and around the accommodation.
- As owners we reserve the right to refuse a booking. For the convenience of our guests, we also reserve the right to terminate a holiday without refund or compensation where unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking form, or their guests, might impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests and resident owners.
- A non-refundable deposit of £75 per cottage per short break or £100 per cottage per week is required at the time of booking. The balance is due 6 weeks before the holiday date. Bookings made within 6 weeks of the holiday start date must be paid in full. Bookings made with a special offer must also be paid in full at time of booking. Bookings are non-transferable (with the exception of changes in tiers affecting arriving guests/ourselves or if any guests are asked to self-isolate due to Test and Trace. Sufficient notice is required to transfer your dates so we are able to re-let the accommodation). We reserve the right to cancel any booking when payment is not received by the due date, and no refund will be made in this situation.
- The owners endeavour to maintain high standards of comfort and cleanliness at all times and that all equipment is working correctly. The guests must therefore undertake to keep all furniture, fittings and effects in the same good condition as they were found and is responsible for leaving the accommodation in a clean and tidy state and report and pay for any damage or breakages incurred to the property during their stay. Please let us know immediately if there are any problems so that we have a chance to put things right and organise repairs or replacements if necessary. At the end of your stay the accommodation will be checked and a charge will be made for any significant damage or breakages. The owners reserve the right to charge for non-trivial damage howsoever caused, excess cleaning plus an administration charge for any unreported damage or breakages.
- The owners reserve the right to have access to the cottages at all reasonable times, with prior notice wherever possible.
- The owners cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to Guests’ property, personal injury or damage to vehicles parked at guests’ risk. Guests are advised not to leave valuables unattended.
- Our holiday cottage complex is subject to legislation and guidelines laid down by the Health and Safety Executive and Local Authority and their codes of practice. Although we endeavour to provide all advertised facilities, it is possible that in some circumstances accommodation or a facility may be temporarily withdrawn due to factors out of our control. We are unable to accept liability for the loss of an advertised facility or to pay compensation for any inconvenience caused.
- We reserve the right to charge up to £200 breakage deposit/cottage per booking. The deposit is returned within 10 days of departure, subject to clause 11.
- The cottages are used as holiday accommodation and are therefore exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act.
- We do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking. However, sometimes problems happen and bookings have to be changed or cancelled, or mistakes in brochures or other details corrected. We reserve the right to do this, but if we do, we will contact you (by phone if possible in the case of a significant change or cancellation, or by email for minor changes) as soon as it is reasonably practical. We will explain what has happened and provide a suitable alternative if we can, or a refund if that is not possible, but no further liability is accepted.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance of prompt performance of the contract is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we as the owners could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot be reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage, riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war of threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity, epidemics and all similar situations beyond our control.
- Our swimming pool is unsupervised; by agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to abide by the Triscombe Farm Swimming Pool safety code. If the parent or guardian’s responsibility to supervise the safety and food conduct of children under the age of 18 years at all times whilst on the property. Usage of all facilities at Triscombe Farm is entirely at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw amenities without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control. Guests may bring disposable Barbecues to be used only in the designated Barbecue areas. It is your responsibility to ensure that the barbecue is used correctly, safely and the area cleaned after use. We will not accept liability for accidents caused to guests in this regard.
- When you agree to these terms and conditions of booking, you are also agreeing to our Covid-Safe Staycation Policy below and all other content on this page.
Contractual Obligations and Cancellations
To avoid any misunderstanding, a verbal or written reservation constitutes a legal contract. In the event of a cancellation, both parties should endeavour to re-let the accommodation. Should neither party succeed, then the person making the reservation is legally liable to the full amount for self catering accommodation. We will of course always do our best to offer you alternative dates for your holiday if we are given sufficient notice, and will try to be as flexible as possible.
We currently do not offer cancellation insurance.
We advise you to consider taking out holiday insurance.
Our Covid-safe Staycation Policy:
2020 – our guarantee for your peace of mind. Confidently book your holiday with the knowledge that we are doing everything we can to keep you safe during your stay with us. You can change your holiday at no cost up to 6 weeks before your arrival date, subject to availability and our terms and conditions of booking.
To keep our cottages Covid secure and reduce risk of viral transmission we have :
- Removed of all non-essential items: books and board games, salt and pepper pots, guest comment books, welcome and information folder (these are now on the website, a link will be sent prior to your arrival), tourist websites (links are available on the website), extra items of cutlery and crockery, cleaning baskets, cushions and bed throws, irons and ironing boards (irons available on request). Bookcases have been left in the cottages for guests’ use.
- The welcome tea tray is now disposable sachets & biscuits. Complimentary welcome gifts are in glass containers or plastic wrapped. A covid-secure toilet roll will be included as part of the welcome rather than toilet rolls left in bathrooms to minimise the risk of viral transmission.
- Provided bedding will be poly wrapped to minimise risk of viral transmission however guests will now need to make their own beds. If guests feel more comfortable bringing their own duvet cover, bottom sheet and 2 pillow cases per person, please advise at time of booking, however this will not affect the tariff. From time to time we may need to request guests do bring their own bedding as we are dependent upon a local laundry service. We have factored this in to the discount we are offering this year due to Covid-19 therefore no further discount will be applied should we need to request guests bring their own duvet covers, pillow cases and bottom sheet.
- Upgraded our pillows to those of the same standard as used by the NHS and in care homes for guest peace-of-mind. The specification we have purchased from our wholesaler is to the same specification as the factory sells direct, advertised as sold to the UN during the Ebola crisis. Pillow, mattress and duvet protectors will be changed at each changeover.
- Made the decision that guests will be required to bring their own towels, tea towels and oven gloves.
- Arrival time is now 5pm and check-out is at 9am. This is to allow the essential extra time to thoroughly clean the accommodation to ensure it is Covid-secure. As part of our enhanced cleaning procedure, we will be using a fogging machine and dry steam cleaner in addition to thoroughly wiping down all surfaces and touch points with viral disinfectant to the specified government standard.
- Check-in is now contactless. On arrival please telephone us, remaining 2m away from the door. As we are a small complex, temperatures of all guests will be taken with a contact-less thermometer on arrival whilst we wear PPE.
- Developed a 72 hour gap between departures and new arrivals across the complex. This is to allow us to keep the environment as Covid-secure as possible and reduce the risk of viral transmission.
- Electricity meter readings will be taken once cleaning has been completed on the day of arrival so the accommodation remains a sealed unit for cottages where the meter is internal (Bracken, Orchard, Garden and Rose). Departure readings for these cottages will be taken after departure.
- All electricity payments will need to be made via bank transfer or cheque.
- All guests are required to bring with them and carry on their person at all times within the community a face mask, hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial wipes. On arrival, temperatures of all guests will be taken using a non-contact thermometer. Everyone will be required to wear a face mask on arrival to allow us to take temperatures safely.
- We require that our guests ensure that they maintain at least 1/2 a tank of fuel in their vehicle. This is for peace of mind should guests need to return home unexpectedly. We require the most direct route from guests’ homes to Triscombe to be confirmed before arrival.
- Closed all communal facilities (swimming pool, games room, tennis court and information room) following Government Guidance and after consultation with our insurance company. The information previously provided in the information room is now available on our website here. For cottages without a washing machine, use of a washing machine and tumble dryer will be by prior arrangement only.
- Closed the farm for guests to walk around due to the gates being high-risk touch points. Once we have designated pathways arranged where we can ensure touch-points are regularly cleaned this may change.
- An outdoor seating area designated to each cottage during the summer season to further reduce risk of viral transmission.
- We are currently not accepting bookings of more than one household, with the exception of 23rd-27th December 2020. This is following the introduction of the 3-tier lockdown system by the English Government on 14th October and the updates to the tier system announced on Thursday 26th November and which come into force on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
- For all arrivals from 16th October 2020, we will be using the Government post-code checker to confirm all guests who are booked to stay are travelling from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 area. If any bookings are from Tier 3 areas, we will contact them directly to discuss rearranging or refunding their stay so we are able to protect our local community as much as possible.
Check Out Procedure
- Guests are required to strip the beds and place bedding in the designated bags. The cottages must be cleared of all rubbish and recycling and placed in bins provided. All washing-up must be completed, dried and put away, and the accommodation left in a clean and tidy state.
- On departure, guests are required to switch off electrics except hot water and internet hub. Unless adverse wet and windy weather windows need to be left open but secure for ventilation.
- If guests develop symptoms of Covid-19, you must all book a test immediately, inform us via phone call and not leave the cottage for any other reason. If any tests return positive you must inform us and return to your primary residence immediately if well enough to do so. If you are unable to return to your primary residence, you are liable for all costs incurred for extending your stay until you are well enough to travel home. If you need to extend your stay, your circumstances discussed with a health care professional and ourselves. We will work with you including making arrangements for meal and laundry provision during your self-isolation. If your test is negative, you may continue your holiday as before. If you develop symptoms but do not inform us or get a test you will be putting other guests at risk.
- Any direct bookings affected should guests not be able to travel due to Covid-19 will be transferred with a price match promise to 2021. Alternatively, a full refund will be given if we are notified before commencement of your holiday. This will apply if we have to re-close the cottages due to a local outbreak, arriving guests are affected by a local outbreak in their area, any guests have a confirmed positive test, or if any guests are asked to self-isolate by the Government Track-and-Trace service. Both the full refund or price-match promise to 2021 unfortunately will not apply if guests have arrived at Triscombe Farm and started their holiday or if we are not notified until the day of the commencement of the holiday.
Maintaining records to support NHS Test and Trace
- To support NHS Test and Trace, the details of all guests, including name, address, email address and contact number will be kept available for 21 days and shared with Test and Trace if necessary. Data will be kept secure in line with GDPR regulations. NHS Test and Trace handle all data according to the highest ethical and security standards and ensure it is used only for the purposes of protecting public health including minimising the transmission of Covid-19.
- A government-issued QR Code is in place in each cottage. We ask that where guests have access to the NHS Covid-19 app, the QR code is scanned daily. This is because venue check-ins are logged out at midnight so re-scanning is necessary daily.
Covid-Secure Essentials Provided by Us
- Wall-mounted touch-free soap dispensers in each cottage
- Wall-mounted touch free hand sanitiser in each cottage and, when allowed to reopen also situated in communal areas.
- Each cottage now has a fridge-freezer facility. Dimensions can be found on individual cottage website pages.
- With the exception of Coachmans, Juniper and Primrose, all cottages now have dishwashers.
- Improved wifi speeds and coverage for all cottages via a mesh system.
- Viral disinfectant and cloth to wipe down surfaces during your stay. Viral disinfectant bottles and any other refilled cleaning bottles provided are removed after departure and quarantined before being introduced for use again.
- Recycling and waste disposal bins will be provided in designated areas. It is essential that items recycled are those which Somerset West and Taunton Council collect (link here).
Our Pledge to You
The majority of our guests to date since 1997 have been responsible and respectful of others. We do not anticipate that there will be any issues, but in the unforeseen event that anyone and their party needs to return home due to Covid-19, we will provide enough packed food and drinks to get them from the accommodation to their own home without the need to stop en-route. Should re-fuelling en-route be required, we will phone ahead to an appropriate garage and arrange for your car to be refuelled without you needing to leave the vehicle. You will need to make payment by card over the phone. This pledge is to allow you to have peace-of-mind during your stay.