This is where we will post our most recent updates relating to Triscombe Farm and the Coronavirus Pandemic. If there are any drastic changes, these will also be publicised on our home page, social media channels and via mailing list to those who have subscribed.
Thursday 15th October 2020
- We have now been open to guests for 3 months. We have received extremely positive feedback from guests on the measures we have in place.
- We will still be keeping 72 hours between bookings until further notice.
- After October half term, we will be taking bookings for weekends (Friday to Monday/Tuesday), except for Christmas and New Year. Christmas stays will run from 20th-27th December and New Year Arrivals on 30th December. If you are interested in staying during the week in November/early December please let in touch.
- Following the introduction of the 3-tier lockdown system in England by the Government on 14th October, we will now only be accepting bookings of one household. Whilst West Somerset is in tier 1 (Medium risk), we are aware of the increased risk to individuals when mixing households indoors.
- For arrivals from Friday 16th October, postcodes of arriving guests will be checked against the Government tier map. Any guests who are booked who are travelling from areas in tiers 2 or 3 (high or very high) will be contacted to discuss rearranging their stay.
- Our Covid-19 Risk Assessment was last updated on 22nd September 2020. It is due for review in December 2020.
- An ‘allowance’ towards electricity is now included in tariff prices for bookings between November and March. This is as follows:
Week breaks: £10 for a sleeps 2, £20 for a sleeps 4, £30 for a sleeps 6 cottage.
Short breaks (3/4 nights): £7.50 for a sleeps 2, £15 for a sleeps 4, £22.50 for a sleeps 6
Wednesday 8th August 2020
- We have been open to guests for several weeks now and all is going smoothly. Our table tennis table is now outside under a gazebo and our pool booking system is funning well. Here is some feedback from a guest who has stayed with us since we reopened:
“The cottages are just wonderful, and I thought we were left to do what we wanted without intrusion, but knew there was some one there if we needed something, so thank you. We all had a fabulous holiday and a great escape from the otherwise hectic lives we have at home!
We totally appreciated the thought that has gone into helping guests make their stay so enjoyable, so a massive thanks for that! It really felt that we were back to a new normal, with absolute confidence that we were safe. Thanks for such a lovely holiday!”
Wednesday 15th July 2020
- We are delighted to have also been accredited by the AA as well as VisitBritain for our Covid-19 measures, and are now listed as an ‘AA Covid-Confident’ property on their website.
Thursday 9th July 2020
We are very much looking forward to welcoming guests back to Triscombe again. Not everything may be perfect but we will do our utmost to ensure that all guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us whilst remaining Covid-Secure. Everyone’s health and wellbeing is our priority.
- We are now accredited by Visit Britain as being Covid-Secure and have been awarded the ‘Good to Go’ certification.
- You can find our completed Risk Assessment here and our revised terms and conditions here
- We will start accepting bookings to stay from Monday 13th July 2020. Please be aware there will be a 72 hour gap between departures and new arrivals so start dates for breaks will be staggered. Our price tariff has now been updated and we will honour a price match promise for guests booking now to stay in 2021.
- Following today’s government update, we are working to reopen the pool on Saturday 25th July 2020.
- We have taken an updated first aid course specific to Covid-19. Becky is the designated Health and Safety executive manager and is a certified first aider.
- The internet has been upgraded to a mesh system, improving coverage and speed across all cottages.
- All guest information will be available online with links sent to guests prior to arrival.
Tuesday 30th June 2020
Here are some additions to our previous post:
- The white goods have been delivered to provide fridge and freezer capacity in all accommodation.
- We are awaiting clarification of guidelines with regards to the use of our pool. If able to reopen the pool, use will be on a rota basis, based on the government guidelines of social distancing and the guidance about meeting of different households indoors.
- We have made adaptations within the games room and are waiting for confirmation that we can reopen it. If we are able to reopen it, to be Covid Secure there will only be table tennis available and guests will need to bring their own bats and balls.
- We have a conference call and demonstration next week with regard to insurance cover which will enable guests to cancel between 60-2 days prior to arrival. We will provide a further update next week once we know how this would also affect our pricing policy.
- We are completing our Risk Assessments in preparation for announcing our reopening date.
- Guidelines for how guests need to leave the accommodation on departure are being completed.
- How guests can access details of what is available by way of tourist attractions and places to eat during their stay, including how to book.