This is where we will post our most recent updates relating to Triscombe Farm and the Coronavirus Pandemic. If there are any drastic changes, these will also be publicised on our home page, social media channels and via mailing list to those who have subscribed.
Tuesday 6th April 2021
Our Calendar re-opened for new bookings on Tuesday 6th April 2021 following Government confirmation that we can reopen on Monday 12th April. We have contacted everyone to submitted an expression of interest during lockdown and confirmed these bookings where possible, and we are now able to take new bookings. We have released our dates for all school holidays in 2021 and for all stays in April/May. Off-peak stays from June onwards will be re-opened at a later date. If you are looking to stay with us during the school term in June/September/October onwards, we are still taking Expressions of Interest for these dates (pencilling in bookings but only taking deposit payments once we have officially reopened that part of the calendar).
Tuesday 23rd February 2021
Following the announcement of the Government’s Road Map to relax Covid-19 restrictions yesterday, we can confirm that, as long as the required tests are met and that the date doesn’t change, we will be able to re-open to guests from Monday 12th April 2021. The pool is also allowed to open from the same date. We will only be able to take single household bookings between 12th April and 17th May (or the dates announced by the Government if the dates change on the roadmap) and there will be limited attractions and eateries open locally between these dates due to restrictions on indoor venues.
We are just finalising details including our arrival/departure dates for stays and will post an update on this page, on our social media channels, and as an email to our mailing list once this has all been finalised.
We are continuing to take Expressions of Interest for bookings, which will progress to provisional bookings once we have finalised our plan for reopening and changeover dates.
We look forward to being able to reopen within the next couple of months and welcoming guests to stay with us.
Wednesday 17th February 2021
We hope you are all safe and well.
We remain closed as per Government Guidelines. If you wish to stay with us, we are currently taking ‘Expressions of Interest’ (rather than confirmed bookings) as we do not yet know with certainty when we will be able to reopen. Please complete our Booking From, found under the Book Now menu tab, if you are interested in staying with us with your preferred cottage and dates and we will be in touch. We believe that the earliest we will be able to reopen is May 2021, but this of course could change.
Our Risk Assessment will be revised and updated as needed prior to reopening once we have more clarity on any restrictions that will be in place.
We will provide updates on this page, in addition to our social media channels and those on our mailing list, when we are able to take bookings and reopen.
Ruth, Becky and the Team at Triscombe
Wednesday 30th December 2020
We are now in Tier 4.
All other information from the update on Wednesday 23rd December still applies.
Wishing you all a safe and happy start to 2021.
Ruth, Becky and the team at Triscombe
Wednesday 23rd December 2020
Somerset will be in Tier 3 from Boxing Day. This means that unfortunately we are unable to welcome guests to stay with us.
We are unsure when we will be able to reopen so we are no longer taking bookings for stays between now and March in case we remain under these restrictions for that length of time.
We will of course update this page, as well as our social media channels, once we are able to reopen to guests again.
We hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas and a good start to 2021.
Very best wishes,
Ruth, Becky and the team at Triscombe
Friday 27th November 2020
West Somerset has been confirmed as placed into Tier 2 once the English Lockdown ends on 2nd December 2020. This means:
- We are able to re-open to guests from Wednesday 2nd December. To allow us to maintain 72 hours between guests, we are taking bookings for stays between Friday-Tuesday (or Friday – Monday) every weekend until Christmas. If you would rather stay with us during the week, please get in touch and we will see if we have any availability.
- All bookings (except for Christmas between 23rd-27th December) must be a single household only.
- We are unable to accept any bookings from Tier 3 areas. All postcodes will be checked during the booking confirmation process.
- We are currently only accepting bookings for December 2020 – this is in case there are tougher restrictions after Christmas 2020. However, if you are interested in staying with us in the New Year and early in 2021, please get in touch to register interest.
- Dates for Christmas dates are 20th-27th December for 7 nights or 23rd-27th December for 4 nights. If there will be more than one household in the group then we ask that you only book for 4 nights unless there will be only one household in the cottage between 20th-23rd December, in which case we will be able to accept a booking for 7 nights.
- The swimming pool will be open for use with a booking system in place.
- Our Covid-19 Risk Assessment has been updated.
Thursday 15th October 2020
- We have now been open to guests for 3 months. We have received extremely positive feedback from guests on the measures we have in place.
- We will still be keeping 72 hours between bookings until further notice.
- After October half term, we will be taking bookings for weekends (Friday to Monday/Tuesday), except for Christmas and New Year. Christmas stays will run from 20th-27th December and New Year Arrivals on 30th December. If you are interested in staying during the week in November/early December please let in touch.
- Following the introduction of the 3-tier lockdown system in England by the Government on 14th October, we will now only be accepting bookings of one household. Whilst West Somerset is in tier 1 (Medium risk), we are aware of the increased risk to individuals when mixing households indoors.
- For arrivals from Friday 16th October, postcodes of arriving guests will be checked against the Government tier map.
- Our Covid-19 Risk Assessment was last updated on 22nd September 2020. It is due for review in December 2020.
- An ‘allowance’ towards electricity is now included in tariff prices for bookings between November and March. This is as follows:
Week breaks: £7.50 for a sleeps 2, £10 for a sleeps 4, £20 for a sleeps 6 cottage.
Short breaks (3/4 nights): £4 for a sleeps 2, £7.50 for a sleeps 4, £10 for a sleeps 6
Wednesday 8th August 2020
- We have been open to guests for several weeks now and all is going smoothly. Our table tennis table is now outside under a gazebo and our pool booking system is funning well. Here is some feedback from a guest who has stayed with us since we reopened:
“The cottages are just wonderful, and I thought we were left to do what we wanted without intrusion, but knew there was some one there if we needed something, so thank you. We all had a fabulous holiday and a great escape from the otherwise hectic lives we have at home!
We totally appreciated the thought that has gone into helping guests make their stay so enjoyable, so a massive thanks for that! It really felt that we were back to a new normal, with absolute confidence that we were safe. Thanks for such a lovely holiday!”
Wednesday 15th July 2020
- We are delighted to have also been accredited by the AA as well as VisitBritain for our Covid-19 measures, and are now listed as an ‘AA Covid-Confident’ property on their website.
Thursday 9th July 2020
We are very much looking forward to welcoming guests back to Triscombe again. Not everything may be perfect but we will do our utmost to ensure that all guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us whilst remaining Covid-Secure. Everyone’s health and wellbeing is our priority.
- We are now accredited by Visit Britain as being Covid-Secure and have been awarded the ‘Good to Go’ certification.
- You can find our completed Risk Assessment here and our revised terms and conditions here
- We will start accepting bookings to stay from Monday 13th July 2020. Please be aware there will be a 72 hour gap between departures and new arrivals so start dates for breaks will be staggered. Our price tariff has now been updated and we will honour a price match promise for guests booking now to stay in 2021.
- Following today’s government update, we are working to reopen the pool on Saturday 25th July 2020.
- We have taken an updated first aid course specific to Covid-19. Becky is the designated Health and Safety executive manager and is a certified first aider.
- The internet has been upgraded to a mesh system, improving coverage and speed across all cottages.
- All guest information will be available online with links sent to guests prior to arrival.
Tuesday 30th June 2020
Here are some additions to our previous post:
- The white goods have been delivered to provide fridge and freezer capacity in all accommodation.
- We are awaiting clarification of guidelines with regards to the use of our pool. If able to reopen the pool, use will be on a rota basis, based on the government guidelines of social distancing and the guidance about meeting of different households indoors.
- We have made adaptations within the games room and are waiting for confirmation that we can reopen it. If we are able to reopen it, to be Covid Secure there will only be table tennis available and guests will need to bring their own bats and balls.
- We have a conference call and demonstration next week with regard to insurance cover which will enable guests to cancel between 60-2 days prior to arrival. We will provide a further update next week once we know how this would also affect our pricing policy.
- We are completing our Risk Assessments in preparation for announcing our reopening date.
- Guidelines for how guests need to leave the accommodation on departure are being completed.
- How guests can access details of what is available by way of tourist attractions and places to eat during their stay, including how to book.