Terms and Conditions of Booking
- Occupancy is from 4pm on day of arrival. We ask that in order for us to prepare the cottage for our new guests cottages are vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
- The maximum number of people shall not exceed the number stated on the online enquiry form.
- We regret that the cottages are unsuitable for large groups of young adults and we are unable to accept such bookings.
- Electricity is charged at cost and is by meter reading on arrival and departure, currently at 16p/unit. Logs (applicable in Coachmans, Stream and Rose cottages) – first basket is free of charge, chargeable at £6.50 per basket thereafter.
- We are happy to provide Cots and Highchairs for children under 2 years of age free of charge. However we regret that we are unable to provide babies bedding.
- We regret that we are unable to accept dogs.
- Children remain the responsibility of their Parents or Guardians at all times. It is important that you always know where your children are. All children under the age of 18 years of age may only use the Swimming Pool and Games Room in the company of a Parent or Guardian.
- For the convenience of all our guests ball games are not permitted in the areas between and around the accommodation.
- As owners we reserve the right to refuse a booking. For the convenience of our guests, we also reserve the right to terminate a holiday without refund or compensation where unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking form, or their guests, might impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of other guests and resident owners.
- A non-refundable deposit of £75 per cottage per short break or £100 per cottage per week is required at the time of booking. The balance is due 4 weeks before the holiday date. Bookings made within 4 weeks of the holiday start date must be paid in full. Bookings are non-transferable.
- The owners endeavour to maintain high standards of comfort and cleanliness at all times. The guests must therefore undertake to keep all furniture, fittings and effects in the same good condition as they were found and is responsible for leaving the accommodation in a clean and tidy state and report and pay for any damage or breakages incurred to the property during their stay. The owners reserve the right to charge for non-trivial damage howsoever caused, excess cleaning plus an administration charge for any unreported damage or breakages.
- The owners reserve the right to have access to the cottages at all reasonable times, with prior notice wherever possible.
- The owners cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to Guests’ property, personal injury or damage to vehicles parked at guests’ risk.
- Our holiday cottage complex is subject to legislation and guidelines laid down by the Health and Safety Executive and Local Authority and their codes of practice. Although we endeavour to provide all advertised facilities, it is possible that in some circumstances accommodation or a facility may be temporarily withdrawn due to factors out of our control. We are unable to accept liability for hte loss of an advertised facility or to pay compensation for any inconvenience caused.
- No refund will be given unless the cancellation plan outlined below has been purchased at a cost of £25 per short break/£50 per weekly booking. The cancellation plan must be purchased at the time of booking. If you are covered by the cancellation plan, as long as we receive more than 48 hours notice in writing along with proof in the form of a Doctor’s Certificate, Employers’ or Court Notification, we will refund all accommodation monies less £25 administration charge. The written notification must be sent to us by recorded delivery as your cancellation will not take effect until we receive written notification before your holiday has commenced otherwise no refund will be given.
- We reserve the right to charge £100 breakage deposit/cottage for large party bookings. The deposit is returned within 10 days of departure, subject to clause 11.
An Insurance protection against you having to cancel the holiday for specified reasons but remaining responsible for the balance of hire. The reasons covered are death, serious illness or injury for any persons for whom the holiday is booked, or their relations. Also: Jury Service, or being called as a witness in courts.